Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Christening Gowns

During my search for Christening and Baptism Gown sites for my website I have found many good ones that do no affiliate marketing - which is what my site is trying to live off of - and most I have found through dumb luck while actually looking for something else in the sewing world. Evidently, people don't use keywords much in there sites to increase their search engine optimization (ie: getting their site as close to a first page hit as possible), which makes me feel a little better that I can never find what I'm looking for when I put the keywords into the search engine! Maybe it's not JUST me! The same goes with Heirloom sewing sites which are mainly online versions of physical stores that sell the hard to find heirloom sewing supplies such as lace, buttons, fabrics and patterns. I am trying to figure out a way to work them into the Christening Gown site and still support it financially without a ton of annoying ads. Maybe a links page or two with each link page geared towards a specific subject for ease of use. In my spare time...just thinking out loud here! What a great find, this "blogging" thing. It's like an online diary and I'm finding it rather soothing and helpful in keeping my thoughts in line (and not losing them in my brain as they are written down here) as I've never been one to sit and write. I'm beginning to understand the therapeutic benefits of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment