Friday, April 16, 2010

Starting to Make Progress!

Well, It seems I'm slowly getting into the swing of things with the new business trying to create patterns so as not to encroach on any copyrights and I have almost decided on fabric to start out with.  Then it's off to the races with the sewing so I have some ready mades to set up on Etsy.  I may use some of the fabric I have sitting around the house that I am obviously not going to get to use for my girls unless all I had to do was sew, but that's not likely!  I guess those can be one of a kind starter items utilizing the styles I will begin with and then once I decide on and order a couple of compatible fabrics I can start giving people options for fabric combinations and sizes with those fabrics.  Wish I had a little more financial freedom to just go all out with some fabrics but then I'd need more time to sew so I guess it all works out!

On another note, I wonder how all these "Online Marketing" companies have gotten my info. and keep calling me trying to convince me how I need to utilize them to help me - and it's only a "minimal" start up fee with a "small" monthly fee!  Well, I do know how but sometimes it's rather annoying trying to figure out if any of it is really going to help or is necessary although, the guy I talked to today for about an hour just gave me a lot of information on what I could do to help boost sales, not necessarily on Etsy but on my affiliate website, and totally said I could do it all myself and should try it for a bit on my own if I wanted to see how much time it would take me etc. and once it started really working then I might want someone to help me keep up with it!  Very interesting sales tactic knowing that if it really did work and I was so "successful" that I needed someone to help  I would call on the people who helped me get there!  Checked with BBB and they are highly rated too.  Maybe I actually found some good folks out there just doing a good job and wanting others to succeed as well!  I guess I shouldn't be so skeptical - there are good folks out there and it's all in our attitude, how we look at things and what emotions we CHOOSE to have!  A little Tony Robbins "Personal Power" may just have me on the right track to success!  We shall see - thanks for letting me vent all!  Have a great weekend and I'll try to keep everyone posted on the impending Etsy store!

No comments:

Post a Comment